morning tea / Australian
Scones with Homemade Jam and Creamfrom Martin Duncan
We have been loving Martin Duncan’s famous "Sconetime" scones paired with the Blackall Range Blend. The blend is bright and juicy with notes of fragrant stone fruits and honey sweetness.
The Sconetime recipe comes from a beautiful and popular event. The community connector enables seniors in our community to come together with family and business owners over fresh hot scones loaded with homemade jam and loads of fresh whipped cream!
This initiative, as well as benefitting local seniors and their families, has become a wonderful opportunity for local business leaders and members of Food Agribusiness Network (FAN), to connect while doing what gives us joy...nourishing our community with homemade food, loose leaf tea and great coffee.
Participating in Sconetime is such a joyful experience. We hope Martin is able to continue to spread this powerful community initiative across the country.
- 1 egg
- 600ml milk
- 250g yoghurt
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 1kg self-raising flour
- 1 1/5 tsp baking powder
- 125g chilled salted butter
- homemade jam
- local cream, whipped
- Set the oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced) and prepare 2 biscuit trays
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Put self-raising flour and baking powder into bowl then grate chilled salted butter and rub it into mix.
- Combined wet and dry ingredients without over mixing them. Add more milk if required for a moist dough.
- Pat dough onto a floured board, chop it into pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Top with lashings of jam and cream and serve with good coffee.