No-Bake Espresso Vanilla Date Energy Bars
Featuring our coffee of the month - Peru Cafe Femino
Remember chocolate-covered espresso beans? The coarsely chopped coffee beans in this quick healthy oat and date bar give that same flavour packed crunch especially when drizzled with melted dark chocolate.
- 2 cups cups (200 g) rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups packed (440 g), soft pitted dates
- 1/4 cup (22 g) coffee beans
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pinch of sea salt, optional
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can easily pinch together between your fingers. If the mixture seems to crumbly (this may occur if your dates were too dry), add 1 tsp warm water and process again. That should do the trick, if not, repeat 1-2 times as needed.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so the paper sticks out over at least 2 sides of the pan. This will help you lift the bars out when they’re ready.
- Firmly press the dough into the pan, taking a few minutes to really work it into the corners and smooth out the surface. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer for at least 1 hour to firm. This isn’t totally necessary if you need the bars right away but I enjoy them when they’re a bit firmer.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut the bars into 8 large bars or 16 squares.
- We pushed the chocolate covered espresso bean flavour further and drizzled melted dark chocolate over the chilled bars.