breakfast / Australian
Mango breakfast trifle
- 45g chia seeds
- 400ml Coyo Coconut Yoghurt
- 30ml maple syrup or honey
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 3 ripe mangoes, flesh cut into cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 70g coconut flakes
- 200g gingernut biscuits, roughly crumbled
- Prepare the coconut chia pudding one day ahead. Combine the chia seeds, coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a jar or bowl. Stir well to combine and then cover with lid. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine the mango, lime zest, juice, grated ginger and brown sugar. Stir to combine well and allow to marinate for 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Heat a medium-sized frypan on medium heat. Add the coconut and toast, tossing constantly, until the coconut is aromatic and golden. Remove from the pan immediately to prevent further browning.
- Place a thick layer of gingernut biscuits at the bottom of 6 glasses (use about ¾ of your biscuits), top with half of the mangoes, a few coconut flakes and then divide the coconut chia pudding among the glasses. Top with the remaining gingernut biscuits, the remaining mangoes and finish with coconut flakes.