dessert / Italian
Classic Tiramisufrom Kandanga Farm Store
The Kandanga Farm Store is a unique business offering farm supplies with a focus on organic and regenerative solutions. Local organic farmer customers sell their produce to and through the Farm Store. The Farm Store Café, open 7 days, features local organic produce with a focus on seasonal wholefood recipes. On weekdays a range of light meals and cakes are on offer and on weekends a full brunch menu is available.
Even better, in the Kandanga Farm Store you can buy the fresh produce, coffee, milk and preserves that feature on the menu so you can take home and create your own nourishing and delicious meals.
The kitchen is a multi use space housing not only the cafe but also it’s a space for local artisans and their value adding businesses. Workshops and events are run throughout the year so keep an eye on their engaging Facebook and Instagram pages.
- 12 savoiardi biscuits
- 500g mascarpone
- 250g crème fraîche
- 2 eggs
- Cocoa for dusting
- 200ml strong black coffee
- 100g raw sugar
- 50ml brandy
- 25ml amaretto
- 25 ml Marsala (or Tia Maria, or Frangelico)
- Stir coffee and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves (2-4 minutes). Add brandy and amaretto, stir to combine, then set aside to cool slightly (10-15 minutes)
- Lay savoiardi on a deep tray, spoon over coffee syrup and set aside until absorbed (5-10 minutes).
- Whisk yolks, sugar, Marsala and 1 tbsp water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until pale and thick (2-4 minutes), set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Whisk mascarpone and crème fraîche to combine then fold through mascarpone mixture. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Lay half the soaked savoiardi in a 25cm-diameter serving dish, spread half the mascarpone mixture over and dust with cocoa, then repeat.
- Refrigerate for flavours to develop (2-4 hours), then serve dusted with extra cocoa.