gluten free baking / Australian
Flourless Hazelnut Cake
We thoroughly enjoyed this delicious Flourless Hazelnut Cake, brought in by a thoughtful team member for birthday celebrations (thanks Suzy) earlier this month.
- 150g ground hazelnuts
- 6 eggs
- 60g castor sugar
- 30g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line bottom of springform baking tin with baking paper and grease sides.
- Separate eggs and beat egg whites until very stiff.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 60g of castor sugar until light and fluffy then mix in ground hazelnuts.
- Fold egg whites in egg yolk mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- When baked, scrape edges with a spatula then leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with a small amount of water to make a glaze and spread it over the top of the cooled cake. Cut into pieces and serve with good coffee.