Cold Brew, Cherry & Choc Chip Popsicles
We love that our Organic Cold Brew Concentrate is so versatile.
This recipe is super easy and perfect for those sticky summer days. These fun coffee popsicles pair fresh sweet cherries with dark chocolate in a creamy coffee-base flavoured by our loved Cold Brew.
Recipe adapted from An Edible Mosaic
¾ cup coconut cream
6 tablespoons of Montville Coffee Cold Brew
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
¾ cup whole sweet red cherries, pitted and halved
¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Puree the coconut cream, coffee, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the coconut cream mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the cherries and chocolate chips. Refrigerate until the mixture starts to thicken, stirring occasionally. (This is so when you spoon the mixture into the popsicle moulds, the cherries and chocolate chips won’t settle to the bottom of the moulds.)
- Once the mixture is thickened, spoon it into popsicle moulds, making sure not to fill the moulds over the “fill” line, since liquid expands as it freezes. (My moulds are 2 1/2 oz/75 ml and I got exactly 7 popsicles.) Gently tap the mould a couple times on a hard surface to help any air bubbles escape, then insert the sticks.
- Transfer to the freezer and freeze completely, about 3 to 4 hours, depending on the size of your popsicles and how cold your freezer is.
- Once unmoulded, wrap each popsicle individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To easily unmould the popsicles, dip the plastic bottoms in warm water and they should slide right out.