Big and Bold Coffee Pairing
Our coffee of the month Sumatra Gayo, is big and bold in the cup. It is full of body, with dark chocolate, dried cranberry and star anise notes. To complement this rich coffee, you will need something equally strong in flavour and richness.
We love this simple Greek-inspired omelette for its smokey black olives, feta cheese, caramelised onion and sweet fried tomatoes. Serves 4-5
- 10 eggs
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- large handful black olives, (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Pre-heat grill to high.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges.
- Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs.
- Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins.
- Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan with a mug of hot black Sumatra Gayo coffee.