The Kandanga Farm Store is a unique business offering farm supplies with a focus on organic and regenerative solutions. Local organic farmer customers sell their produce to and through the Farm Store. The Farm Store Café, open 7 days, features local organic produce with a focus on seasonal wholefood recipes. On weekdays a range of light meals and cakes are on offer and on weekends a full brunch menu plus the Famous Scott Burger is available.
Even better, in the Kandanga Farm Store you can buy the fresh produce, coffee, milk and preserves that feature on the menu so you can take home and create your own nourishing and delicious meals.
The kitchen is a multi use space housing not only the cafe but also it’s a space for local artisans and their value adding businesses. Workshops and events are run throughout the year so keep an eye on their Facebook and Instagram pages.
Kandanga Farm Store Cafe Tiramisu
12 savoiardi biscuits
500 gm mascarpone
250 gm crème fraîche
2 egg whites
For dusting: Dutch-process cocoa
200 ml long-black-strength coffee
50 gm raw caster sugar
50 ml brandy
25 ml amaretto
2 egg yolks
60 gm caster sugar
25 ml Marsala (or Tia Maria, or Frangelico)
1. For coffee syrup, stir coffee and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves (2-4 minutes). Add brandy and amaretto, stir to combine, then set aside to cool slightly (10-15 minutes).
2. Lay savoiardi on a deep tray, spoon over coffee syrup and set aside until absorbed (5-10 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, for zabaione, whisk yolks, sugar, Marsala and 1 tbsp water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until pale and thick (2-4 minutes), set aside to cool.
4. Whisk mascarpone and crème fraîche to combine, then fold through zabaione.
5. Whisk eggwhites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, then fold through mascarpone mixture.
6. Lay half the soaked savoiardi in a 25cm-diameter serving dish, spread half the mascarpone mixture over and dust with cocoa, then repeat. Refrigerate for flavours to develop (2-4 hours), then serve dusted with extra cocoa.