At Montville Coffee Headquarters we have been pretty excited about the development of the Festive Blend. We love it and we are getting some amazing feedback and of course, all amazing brews deserve a pairing.
Here are some recipes for delightful little treats brought in by team members to share and pair with our morning Festive Blend Brew.
We loved the pairings so much we thought you should know about them too!
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
300g pure icing sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
350-400g ground almonds
1. Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then slowly whisk in icing sugar until a shiny ‘snow’ forms. Whisk in lemon juice, then remove and refrigerate 3-4 tablespoons for glaze.
2. Lift enough ground almonds and the cinnamon through remaining egg whites until a light dough forms.
3. Remove tray/s from oven and line with baking paper. Preheat oven to 120ºC
4. Dust a surface with ground almonds and roll dough to a thickness of 6mm. Use a star cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place separately on lined tray/s. Dip the cookie cutter in icing sugar or water between cuts and continue until dough has been used up.
5. Use a brush to paint glaze on top of each shape. Place one tray at a time into bottom of oven to dry, rather than bake, for 25 minutes without letting the glaze colour. Remove and allow to cool completely on tray/s before storing in an airtight container.
Another special recipe is brought to us by Sean and his Nana. This recipe makes around a 'Tupperware Container' and it is very delectable. It is also the most delicious pairing for our Festive Blend.
The buttery warm shortbread pairs perfectly with the spiced fruit, chocolate and cinnamon in the Festive Blend. Perfect for all occasions.
Makes a Tupperware Container
255 g of plain flour
57 g of rice flour
85 g of caster sugar
200 g of butter
1/4 tsp of backing power
Pinch of salt
Sugar to sprinkle over the top before baking
Vanilla or almond essence
1. Cream the butter and the sugar, continue beating until smooth
2. Sift flour, rice flour, salt and baking powder together
3. Add to the butter and sugar
4. Flavour with essence
5. Press evenly into an 8 inch greased dish
6. Mark the centre with a fork
7. Mark into even sized pieces with the back of a knife
8. Place in upper half of a moderately hot oven
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes